Ok, since we're on the topic of interview questions, I'll share some I wrote down in doing some research into better interviews. Print these out and put them in a file for the next time your facing that uncomfortable silence in the interview and not getting the info you want:
1. Walk me through your progression with your current employer, leading me up to what you now do daily.
2. Why would this be a good move in progression for you from a personal and career development standpoint?
3. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being a perfect match for this job), how would you grade yourself from a technical standpoint? What would make you a 10?
4. Where would you need the most support, structure or direction in your first 90 to 180 days?
5. What makes you stand out as a rarity among your peers?
6. Why is your current workplace a better place for you having worked there?
7. Tell me about your reputation at work: What are you known for?
8. Tell me about your last performance appraisal: In which area were you most disappointed?
9. From an interpersonal standpoint, where do you disagree with your boss most often? What kind of constructive feedback would you give him if he were here right now?
10. What do you know about our organization?